This Page

has been moved to new address

Product Review - Lantomi Skin Lightening Cream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, December 20, 2010

Product Review - Lantomi Skin Lightening Cream

Since my last update on my skin lightening regimen (which was almost 2 months ago!) I have been test driving a unique bioactive peptide skin lightener.  It’s the Lantomi Skin Lightening Cream which is the first peptide based skin lightener I have used. I love trying ‘revolutionary’ skin lightening products and reporting it on here, and after almost a month of daily usage it’s most definitely time to get a review out.

The Lantomi Skin Lightening Cream is a rich moisturizing skin lightening cream that uses hexapeptide-20 which is the main active skin lightening peptide. This peptide lightens skin much differently than basic antioxidant activity or disruption of melanin transfer.  It binds to the receptors on the surface of the melanocytes and reduces the melanin load within the cell without actually penetrating the melanocyte cell at all.  Like with most receptor binding agents, it acts as a molecular switch to reduce the production of melanin. With bio active peptides like this, other skin lightening agents which have smaller molecular structure and that penetrate the cells can still be used alongside this and work synergistically.

Initially when I first learned about this peptide I was a bit skeptical since little research has been done, but I must say after actually using the product and seeing some skin lightening occurring – I am definitely impressed. Nothing is better than real results, right? XD

I began seeing an overall lightening of my skin tone in the last couple of days but it’s been a gradual change. It’s amazing how far my skin can in regards to lightening up. It works amazingly at fading any acne marks (pigmented ones) and seems to do a wonderful job at lightening up freckles on the nose. But there is a definitely an overall lightening which is so awesome!

Like I stated earlier it is a moisturizing skin lightening cream, but fortunately I did not experience any breakouts with this and it complimented my Retin-A nicely (balanced out the drying effect). Especially now that it’s winter and freezing temperatures my skin definitely needs the added moisturization.
What I do is I apply my Retin-A first, then wait a few minutes (3-5) and apply Lantomi on top. I know I usually blended (buffered) my skin lighteners with my Retin-A but I’ve decided that applying the retinoid first on bare, cleansed skin allows the tretinoin to penetrate undisturbed. Retin-A gel penetrates quickly through the skin so 3-5 minutes is all you need before the next layer is applied.

 The texture of the cream is like of any other emollient cream but it doesn’t leave an oily slip on the fingers or face. It blends well and quickly, and I find tapping it into the skin works more effectively and allow you to use less of the product. 

The major downfall of this cream is that it comes in a jar. I've stated in earlier blog posts that I don't really 'do' skin lighteners that come in jars. It's not even for the sanitary reasons (it comes with a little spatula that you can use instead of your finger tips), it's just the product is constantly being exposed to light and air that it just quickens the degradation of the actives. I'm sure amino acids (peptides) are much more resilient than antioxidants like vitamin c, but still...I prefer a vacuum sealed pump dispenser or squeeze out metal tube. 

My experience with this lightener was definitely a positive one. I most likely will stick with this through the winter since my skin (and melanocytes) is responding well with this.  

For those who like to research about active skin lightening ingredients as much as I do, I must say the clinical studies done by Lantomi are what got me excited about this product. In a study done comparing the skin lightening effects of hexapeptide-20 and alpha arbutin (one of the strongest skin lightening agents out there) it fared significantly better at reducing melanin.

Here is the link to the study:
Photo Credit: Lantomi

This is an exciting, wonderful skin lightener that I am so thrilled I tried. It’s definitely now my skin current skin lightener at the moment.

For those of you who are wondering – I will be updating My Current Regimen section for those who want to know what I currently use overall.

I give 2 thumbs up and the green light for the Lantomi Skin Lightening Cream. Normal and dry skin types will fall in love with this one, and oily skin types will most likely tolerate it well. Remember tapping this product into the skin instead of rubbing or blending is what allows for fewer products to be used. I find this method reduces any chance of unnecessary pore clogging. 

Official Site where it can be purchased: http://www.lantomi.com/en/home

Rating: 9/10

Ingredients:
water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, squalane, stearoxymethicone/dimethicone copolymer, polysorbate 60, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), hexapeptide-20, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed collagen, dioctyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, arginine, tocopherol, 1,2-hexanediol, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethiconol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, laureth-7, polyacrylamide, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, sodium hydroxide, pentetic acid

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I dont wanna post in sofina info. Its chaos there :D
---
Hi! I saw an acne medication called Niacef. It was 4% nicotinamide. Does it lighten and have benefits just like niacinamide?
---
Im confused. Does mg have sumtin to do wif percentage? Niacef has 40mg niacinamide. So if we want to say d percentage, is it all about d quantity of actives or inactives? Just like vit.c mixed wif 4 tsp of water, its 20% (cmiw). Although i use 50mg of vit.c, its still 20%.
---
I hope u understand my 2 questions hahaha :D

December 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mileena,

I just checked out Lantomi's website and although the cream seems impressive, the size of the jar seems awfully tiny and the price is pretty steep too. How long has the jar lasted you? I'm new to skin lightening, which cream would you suggest to someone like me with sensitive, acne prone skin?

-Paul and Joe Whitening Serum
-Skinceuticals Phyto+ serum
-Vichy Bi-White
-Lantomi

Which of the above creams/serums should I invest in? (which will give me results and won't break me out)

Many thanks!


HH

December 23, 2010 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Mileena said...

There isn't any evidence showing that nicotinamide can lighten skin in any way. Nicotinamide is a form of vitamin b3 much like how niacinamide is a form of niacin (b3 complex).

Niacinamide at 5% is the only 'vitamin b3' type or active in that vitamin that lightens skin.

The 'mg' has nothing to do with percentage. Mg is the quantity/dosage of whatever % of a specific product. For example, 50mg of 20% L-ascorbic acid is the same as 10mg of 20% L-ascorbic acid. :)

December 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Mileena said...

Hi!

The Lantomi is small I know, but it does lighten skin better than the Phyto+. I can say that for sure. I am still using the jar. I use a bit more than the size of a pea when I use it.

I'm on the end of weekn 5 and I can probably finish it up by mid January. Good for a lightener IMO.

Now out of the list you mentioned - those are all great skin lighteners but depending on your skin type and what you are sensitive to, only a couple can probably work out.

The Vichy Bi White works best (IMO) with the entire range. It has a night cream, day cream etc. All with ceramide white and I believe when layered and used as a set it can produce great lightening. The Essence alone can only brighten and fade acne marks but not lighten up in shades.

The Phyto+ is the perfect skin tone evening product. It does lighten blotchines and can lighten overall but probably max 1 shade. I used it mainly for maintenance but if you want to lighten more than a full shade than it's probably not strong enough.

The Lantomi or Paul & Joe are the strongest out of that list.

While the Lantomi works well on my skin (which is shocking since I didn't even notice when I first got it that it had squalene which can be troublesome to acne prone skin types) but since it's such a small amount it did no harm. I get no breakouts from it. But having said that, it does have squalene and shea butter which are rich emollients that can be troublesome for oily skin types. Here in Canada it is freezing so my skin *needs* moisture. I am sure that I will not be able to use this in the summer or spring. No way, lol.

The Paul & Joe is lighter in consistency and has a lot of positive commentary out there backing it up.

It really depends on how sensitive your skin is and what ingredients you know your skin breaks out too.

If you have very acne prone skin that breaks out to almost anything, then go for P&J's whitening serum. If you are moderate or have normal skin, I highly recommend the Lantomi. It's amazing.

December 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

You know what, my skin responds to everything! Now i realize i cant use high-end products (just bcz im afraid). My skin adapts very well when i use ponds white beauty lightening cream whose niacinamide is only 2% (according to rumor). Even im afraid to use flawless white though its 1 step higher (3%). I associate my face as the face of have-nots. White beauty costs $1.6 for 20g and it lasts forever. Im crazy, my concern isn't uneven tone but acne marks. This is weird that i cant use green tea wif garnier light complete. I also cant use vit.c wif sariayu orange moistrzr. I cant use black tea. I react to milk mask. Its always so irrational but i dunno why :D :D :D

December 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Mileena said...

At least you're learning and knowing what your skin doesn't like which can help you weed out the products you can't use it.

Derivatives of pure actives are great for sensitive skin types like yours - like a vitamin c derivative (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate etc.) over L-ascorbic acid.

December 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home