This Page

has been moved to new address

Product Review - Vichy Oligo 25 Foaming Face Wash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Product Review - Vichy Oligo 25 Foaming Face Wash

Photo Credit: Amazon
The Vichy Oligo 25 range is one of the first lines of products designed to combat dull skin. It’s not a skin brightening or skin lightening set, but it introduced me to the effects of microcirculation, and its impact on overall skin radiance.

To learn more about microcirculation and its impact on the look of your complexion, refer to the blog entry I made last year:  Achieving Luminous Skin & Microcirculation

Light reflection and luminosity are two terms that are rarely discussed in skin care. What many people do not know is that the skin itself can be ‘treated’ so that it reflects light better. When we think skin lightening or skin brightening we only think of the skin tone, but skin texture plays a vital role in the look and health of our skin - especially in getting a ‘glow’.

But really, what is ‘glowy skin’? When I refer to skin that glows, I usually am just referring to freshly, or well exfoliated skin which results in smoother texture and a brighter skin tone.  A smoother skin texture reflects light greater, as does a skin tone that is free of broken blood capillaries or mottled pigmentation.  

Another kind of glow is from the removal of excess sebum. I touched on this in the blog entry titled Oxidation.
The Vichy Oligo 25 products contain 2 active ingredients which stimulate micro-circulation in the skin – Manganese and Polyfructol (which promotes epidermal exfoliation). Together these ingredients create a more glowing, radiant complexion.

This review is about the foaming cleanser which I used for awhile several years ago. The product obviously isn’t as potent as the leave-on products in the range, but it does offer some benefits of its own.
The cleanser comes in a 150 ml attractive red pump dispenser bottle.  When dispensed it automatically becomes creamy foam so there is no need to rub between your palms. It seems to last forever since only a few pumps (two or maybe three) do the job at purifying.

I would use this cleanser a lot in the summer as I found it did a fabulous job at removing sebum, and removing my sunscreen. My skin never got dry when I used it and it actually felt luxurious against my skin.
It seems to have a thermal quality to it, in which it warms up when massaged in the skin. It’s very soothing. It also has a very mild yet pleasant floral scent.

The main point I wanted to get across in this review is the ‘anti-dull skin’ properties. I must say, whenever I used this cleanser it indeed made my skin more radiant. I would apply the 3 minute rule with this cleanser in that I left it on my skin for 2 minutes after lathering it up before rinsing it off. I found upon towel drying my skin had a glow! The glow came both from the removal of oxidized sebum as well as the active ingredients. I must say, I was impressed. I did rave about this YEARS ago on the Bright Skin Forum.

It’s a great cleanser because it actually does treat your skin. It did not do anything permanent to my skin, but each time I cleansed my skin glowed and looked almost air brushed for awhile. It was a treat to use this twice daily. I am sure if used with other products in the Oligo 25 range, the anti-dull skin properties would be enhanced. 

It’s a fascinating product honestly because it does do what it claims. I didn’t expect much from it but it did give me radiance which is why I continued to use it for so long. 

It’s a bit pricey, which is why I stopped using it. The price is about $18-20 depending on where you purchase it. For Canadians, it’s very easily found at Shoppers Drug Mart.  It can be found on several online vendors such as eBay or Omorfia Shop.

Official Vichy Oligo 25 site: http://www.oligo25.com/gb/index.html

Rating: 7/10

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-30 Glyceryl Cocoate, MEL/Honey, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-4 Dilaurate, PEG-4 Laurate, Potassium Chloride, Isobutylparaben, Manganese Gluconate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous randy said...

since my skins helly-oily, i must blot regularly using tissues. Does it destroy d protection of my sunscreen? Sometimes i feel like i overblot. I usually dont reapply after praying :p i always use cap though...

January 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Mileena said...

@Randy don't worry about the blotting. It is a NECESSITY for me to blot as well since I get quite oily mid-day.

Blotting is a gentle process anyway - just lightly placing the blotting paper on the area and let it soak up with oil. Pushing it into the skin too hard can cause acne issues.

In many ways blotting can HELP with preserving your protection. Excess sebum itself slowly disrupts the protective coating.

January 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM  
Anonymous randy said...

allright! My favorite activity during d class is to blot my face hahaha. Mirror and tissues are my best friends.
---
I realize dat my skin cant be lighter. I feel like my tone now is the last tone dat i can achieve. That tone is... my natural tone which is white and yellow combined together. (See my avatar on twitter? Hehe. Im new to it. Still dunno how to post photos more than my avatar hahaha)
Im gonna start my vitc ritual again. Hope it brightens without overlightening my face :D im so lazy to reapply sunscreen in d afternoon (at 1 pm) since im inside d class till 3 pm. After 3 pm there will be extra lessons coz im senior n about to enroll in universities, yay! Hopefully its gonna be public university. Private ones? Plan B!
Back to conversation, i dun want to have fairer tone (face). I must admit dat im lazy to reapply except on my hands. Among all d intriguing cases about sunscreen, ill stick to d advice not to use sunscreen when im lazy but ill embrace d rule to use sunscreen when im fully armed :D thats why i preserve d melanin content on d face so i can feel dat im safe when im on my way home under 4pm sunray for 1 hour on d bus.
---
Nice to have a talk :D

January 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger Mileena said...

LMAO!!!! I have to admit, I can't go a day without blotting so in many ways it's my favorite activity as well! =P

That's fantastic that you can recognize when your skin tone cannot become any lighter. There is a cap or threshold to skin lightening which I'll post an article about. Everyone has a limit to how much they can lighten their skin without HARMING their skin (creating complete HYPO pigmentation which is the death of melanin which is NO GOOD and caused by harsh bleaching agents like monobenzone).

You can however make your existing skin tone 'brighter'. Remember there is a clear difference between brightening and lightening the skin. Starting up that vitamin c plan sounds great. Vitamin C is the best for giving the skin a noticeable glow!

Sunscreen does not need to be re-applied if it is..

A) Stable
B) You do not sweat or remove the sunscreen.

I understand you go for prayer, so re-applying is a necessity for you. But considering that you are content with the skin tone you have, and knowing that 'colored skin' does have some type of natural protection against the sun (melanin) you should be fine.

Just try to avoid the sun as much as you can (without going crazy! lol) when you don't apply sunscreen.

BTW you are very cute! Your twitter avatar is adorable and your skin looks great. :)

January 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home