This Page

has been moved to new address

Product Review - Vichy Neovadiol Intensive Densifying Brightening Cream SPF 15

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Black Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Product Review - Vichy Neovadiol Intensive Densifying Brightening Cream SPF 15


I got a gift bag filled with Vichy products from a friend who just came from New York. One of the products was the new Vichy Neovadiol Intensive Densifying Brightening Cream SPF 15. The product is an anti-aging concentrated cream geared for mature skin. It's two patented actives are the Pro-Xylane + Isobioline and Ceramide White. Both of these patents are exclusive to Vichy.

The product is designed to reshape facial contours (ease out fine lines) as well as dminish the look of age spots and hyperpigmentation. It also provides stable SPF 15 protection. The product claims it is non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic and allergy tested. It comes in a very nice 40mL squeeze tip metal tube. A great way to keep the product fresh and stable.

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I can definitley see some positive results. That is truly something - especially in such a short span of time. I can definitley say it moisturizes well, my skin is looking very plump and fresh. I am only 22, so I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines but this is a great preventative. The product has shea butter, but suprisingly feels quite lightweight on the skin (maybe it's the silicia content). The cream comes out semi-thick but literally just melts into your skin upon contact. Even now - it's late August and my oily, sensitive skin can tolerate this. However I can imagine this would probably work best in the winter. I'll definitley be using it all the way through the winter months. Great lipid restoring properties and good enough sunscreen protection.

The skin lightening aspect is less apparent than the moisture replenishing one but it is definiley working. The product contains Kojic Acid and actually my skin does appear very luminous. It's only been 3 weeks and my skin has a newfound radiance to it. I'm liking that alot, and I can imagine it will definitley have more prominent effects in 6-8 weeks.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a day cream with stable sunscreen protection, good moisturizing abilities (without being overly greasy/heavy) and skin lightening properties. Oily skin types should definitley do a trial test (they sell this at local drugstores like Shoppers Drug Mart, and I can imagine CVS and other drugstore chains that carry Vichy) It's really a great product and runs for about $30.00. I got for free but I'l definitley be repurchasing now that fall is coming around the corner.

UPDATE (01/04/2010): No longer using this. While it had a decent PPD rating, I think the shea butter in it was breaking me out. It was silly of me to use it in the summer anyway. I use up the rest of it on my neck or hands. It's very hydrating.

Rating: 6/10


Ingredients:

Avobenzone 3%
Octisalate 5%
Octocrylene 7%

water, glycerin, octyldoecanol, cyclohexasiloxane, butyropermum, parkii (shea butter), dimethicone, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, beeswax, potassium cetyl phosphate, PEG=100 stearate, glyceryl sterarate, titanium dioxide, stearic acid, mica, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, methylparaben, kojic acid, silica, sodium hexametaphosphate, phenoxyethanol, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, tocopheryl acetate, disodium EDTA, capryloyl salicylic acid, hydroxypropyl, tetrahydropyrantriol, caprylyl glycol, hydroxypalmitoyl, sphinganine, vitreoscilla ferment, xantham gum, fragrance

Picture from: http://www.mistrys.co.uk/vichy-neovadiol-brightening-care-antiage-spots-spf15-p-4430.html

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"I’m already at my late 40’s when I started using SP Beauty Lift Wrinkle Serum. Everyone who sees me tells me that I look younger! They even asked me if I had a face lift, because the wrinkles on my face just disappeared! I really love this product so much that I also tried using the other SP beauty products.
I recommended it to all my friends and relatives. It really gave me the confidence that I needed, especially now that I’m in my 40’s! http://if1s.com?131

October 14, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home